- Document my journey out of a 2D world
- Share some of the things I fix, modify or build
- Express some of my concerns and hopes for the world
- Silence the voice that keeps me from achieving the above
- Have fun and encourage myself to keep moving forward
I have never had stereoscopic vision. While I often say I don't have any depth perception, this is not really true. I do perceive depth but not with the same tools most people (and many animals) can use. One eye turns out and if I don't suppress it I see double. Odd, but you get used to it. A few years ago I decided to see if I could move towards re-engaging my right eye and getting them to line up. I've been working slowly with my ophthalmologist towards this goal and have recently discovered that my right eye seems to have monocular diplopia, which means that I see double out of the right eye. So really I see triple if I don't suppress that image. This would explain why the right eye has been out in right field for a while. Reading Susan R. Barry's book "FIxing My Gaze" has been a great inspiration in this. Thank you Dr. Barry! Perhaps there is still hope. I'll document that journey here.
Owning an old house and working in IT means I seem to be fixing things both at work and at leisure. When I find or do something that seems worth sharing, this will be the place to do that.
This is not intended as a place for in-depth political commentary or analysis, but sometimes it is just hard to resist. If we disagree, lets do it politely, over a beer.
Its not really a voice, just inertia. A hurdle that seems to get higher with age, at least for me. So the best thing to do seem to be sit down and get working, so lets go.
Hopefully we will all find what we are looking for here. Thanks for stopping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment